Monday, January 4, 2010

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig

We're finally back after 18 days! We left after Harrison got out of school on Thursday, December 17th and got back about an hour before school started today. I guess we like to milk Christmas break for all it's worth.

There will be more pictures and explanations than you would ever want or need to come, but for now I'll sum it up by saying: 4 hotels, 6 different beds, 4 different states, 36+ hours of driving, who knows how much money, WAY too much food, an embarrassing number of pounds, LOTS of family, a few great friends, one flat tire, and a partridge in a pear tree.

I have big plans to post about it all, although, my track record shows that I get very overwhelmed posting about big trips. I still haven't done the our Utah trip 2008, Beach Trip 2008 or 2009, and some of Christmas last year. We'll see if I can at least do this trip in the next month before the baby comes. Heaven knows after that all I'm going to want to post are pictures of him for a while! And if you're wondering, I've definitely entered the miserable, can hardly move, can't find a comfortable position, insomnia, how can my stomach possibly stretch any further, making a conscious effort not to waddle in public, let's just get this over with stage of the pregnancy.

Also, in case you're wondering, if you usually get a Christmas card from us and didn't this year, you did not get shafted. We decided to forgo Christmas cards and wait to do birth announcements. I only have it in me to do one big mail out a year, and I usually don't get them all out until February anyway. We appreciate all of your beautiful pictures and cards, and hope that we will stay on your lists next year despite the fact that we are slackers.

I'm off to try to sleep in my own bed!

No comments: