Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Jonny Boy - Month One

So as of Monday, Jonny is a month old. This has been one of the longest and shortest months of my life. What have I been up to in the last month? Definitely not sleeping. Mostly feeding this child. He likes to eat every 2 hours. 24/7. Which means I spend about 6 hours feeding him each day. Thankfully the last two nights he has extended his sleeping stretches to 3 hours and he goes right back to sleep after. This is a huge improvement. Up until then, he was usually up from 3 AM to 5:30 or 6 AM and by then my day pretty much started. Needless to say, I'm tired. Upon considering whether or not I would want to trade him for a child who sleeps better, I decided that I was too in love with him to trade him and that I can deal with it until he grows out of it. These are the kinds of things that cross your mind when you've been up with for several hours during the night for several nights in a row. Not that trading them in is an option. But I wouldn't.

I'm not the only one who's head over heels in love with this little guy. So are the kids. They adore him and can't resist kissing him whenever possible. Of course, Daddy loves him too.

At some point I might go back and post the rest of the pics from the hospital, but for now, here's Jonny's first month of life in photos. Please scroll down to the bottom of this post to view them in chronological order. It's been so long since I posted pictures that I forgot to upload them backwards, and I'm not going to take the time to fix it. I'll put the comments for the pictures under them instead of above like I usually do.
We feel like he really started to come into his own look this weekend. He definitely looks like his siblings, but is starting to become more distinct.

I love this darling personalized nightgown that Jenni had made for him!

He's getting more and more alert.



He likes to suck his thumb in this manner.

When the light catches his fuzz it looks blond. Relatively speaking.

She's a sweet big sister and likes to try to make him happy.

Love how they are looking at each other.

Don't know why this picture came in wrong.

Why is the most sleep deprived person in this picture the only one who is not sleeping?

Notice the layer of fuzz that he has on his cheeks. He is a hairy little guy. He still has lots of hair on the edges of his ears.

Harrison is especially smitten.

One day he'll be as crazy as his siblings!

Looks like he's missing the womb.

I love the little drip of milk on his cheek.

10 comments:

jtibs said...

He's beautiful! I can't wait to see him again! (And you of course).

Kelley Gubler said...

cute, cute, cute! I love newborns!

The Morris Family said...

YAY! A Watabe post. I have been anxiously awaiting a new blog post from you and you certainly didn't disappoint. Jonny is just precious. He looks a lot like his sister, doesn't he? You have a beautiful family. Congratulations and I'll keep restful, sleepy thoughts in my head for you and Jonny that you may start getting some more shut eye. :)

Koenig Family Blog said...

What a cutie! I love how Harrison and Elizabeth look so in love with him!!!

The Harrisons said...

He is darling! He has the cutest, little mouth. I can't wait to see him in person.

Unknown said...

He is a REALLY cute baby!!!! I can't believe its been 1 month.

Unknown said...

ooohhhhhh!!!! He is beautiful!

Natalie said...

He is so cute!! LOVe the picts!

Eric, Harmony, Skye, and Sydney said...

What a beautiful family! Your kids are all adorable!

Anonymous said...

He is gorgeous! Congrats! Hope you get more sleep soon! :) It just seems to go faster with each one-enjoy it!